ILC-I applauds those who bring quality of life to the elderly, with its annual ILC-I Awards. The ILC-I Awards is an annual feature to recognize qualitative work done in the field of ageing by/for elders.
There are three categories of Awards-
- The Anjani Mashelkar Inclusive Innovation Award which is a national award to felicitate scientists/ technologists who develop an innovative product/service for elders at cost-effective prices and which are not just affordable, but easily accessible and available.
- The B. G. Deshmukh Awards for Excellence in Promoting Qualitative Ageing and the Lifetime Achievement Awards to felicitate the commendable work and achievements of senior citizens’ organizations and individual older persons over the age of 70 years respectively.
- The Dr. S. D. Gokhale Award for a journalist for “Promoting Qualitative Journalism in Ageing .”
All these Awards have been instituted through the personal donations made by Dr. R. A. Mashelkar, President, ILC-I; the late Mr. B. G. Deshmukh, former Vice President, ILC-I and the late Dr. S. D. Gokhale, Founder-President, ILC-I.
This year the ILC-I Awards 2015 were held in two parts-
The Anjani Mashelkar Inclusive Innovation Award programme was held on the 17th of November 2015. The Award was presented to Mr. Rastogi by Prof. Dr. Anil Gupta, Vice Chairman, National Innovation Foundation of India at YASHADA, Baner Road, Pune.
The winner was Mr. Rahul Rastogi for his innovative gadget of ‘Sanket’ ,a disruptive high-tech innovative solution for personal cardiac care – the ‘Sanket’ electrocardiogram (ECG) device.(‘Sanket ‘is a credit card-sized heart monitor, which acts like a portable ECG machine, making it possible to monitor the heart condition, as simple as monitoring the body temperature!The high-tech 3-lead ECG recorder connects viagra livraison rapide to a smartphone wirelessly, displaying and recording ECG graphs on a smartphone which can be shared instantly with a doctor via e-mail, Bluetooth – or even via WhatsApp! The affordable device marks a dramatic shift in cardiac care – doing away with expensive ECG machines, distant hospitals or laboratories, and skilled technicians and possibly, a revolution in cardiac care and disrupt this space).
The B. G. Deshmukh Awards were presented to the winners on the 22nd of November 2015 at the hands of the Hon’ble Governor of acheter viagra the state of Uttar Pradesh, Mr. Ram Naik at the Auditorium, New Law College, BharatiVidyapeeth Deemed University, (BVDU), Paud Road, Pune . The Guests of Honour on the occasion were the Chancellor of the BVDU , Dr. PatangraoKadam and the Vice Chancellor, BVDU, Dr. ShivajiraoKadam.
The following were the Award winners for the year 2015:
- The Lifetime Achievement Award (Jeevan Gaurav Puraskar) winners were: Mr. NamdeoSawant (aged 77) from Pune, Dr. Mohandas Achrekar( aged 77) from Mumbai and Ms. Manjula Gandhi (aged 82) from Mahad.
- For Promoting Excellence in Qualitative Ageing, the winning senior citizens’ organizations were : RajarshiShahuJyeshthaNagrikSevaSangha from Kolhapur, the JyeshthaNagrik Sanstha from Alibag and the PragatisheelJyeshthaNagrikSevabhavi Sanstha from Aurangabad.
This year there were no qualifiers for the Dr. S. D. Gokhale Award for Promoting Qualitative Journalism in Ageing.
ILC-I acknowledges with sincere gratitude the support received from the BharatiVidyapeeth Deemed University, its Management, the Dean and Staff of its New Law College, Saraswat Bank , Dr. K. H. Sancheti and Mr. and Mrs. Ashok and Mrunalini Gupte due to which the ILC-I Awards were a resounding success.